Saturday, August 11, 2007

Exciting discovery.

The other day, I was looking at the BBC News website and I came across an article about a new exoplanet (a planet that orbits around a star other than our sun) that has been discovered. I found this interesting because many exoplanets are very similar to Jupiter, most of them being gas giants. This particular exoplanet is the largest one to be discovered yet - so large in fact, that it is about 70% bigger than Jupiter!

Despite its immense size, this giant planet has a density of only 0.2 grams per cubic centimeter, which means it would theoretically float on water. To read more about it, go here.

No comments:

Jovian Enthusiast

My photo
sometimes i like to just take the words of strangers - near or far - and turn those into poems of their own. alliterations, assonance, and all other aspects of grammar excite and escape me on a daily basis.